6.07.2013

1 Shirt, 2 Ways.

Hi everyone, I'm proud to say that I have successfully finished my junior year of high school! After completing multiple finals, the SAT, APS and SAT IIs I'm glad I finally have some relaxing time before it all begins again in the fall. I'm really excited for this summer as I'm going to be working at two different internships (one fashion related, of course) and am going to be posting a lot on here for you all to see!

Now I'm sure you're all looking at the blog title of this post and groaning. It's seems like a broken record with hundreds of different bloggers constantly adding their own installments to the X (Garment) X Ways series of posts. Do you really want to see another one? Well, the simple answer to that, yes. To be completely honest I have no real hook on getting you interested, but come on, pretty clothing that both use one plain simple blue tank? That's at least got to attract the inner 'ooh pretty things' part of your conscience to keep on reading.

For this outfit I took one simple, pre-crinkled, heather blue tank from Free People to start.

Look #1




Recently I've been having somewhat of an obsession with neon yellow accessories, from shoes to bracelets to necklaces I cannot stop scouring them down and buying them up at every store I visit. For this look I decided to finally put them to use by matching them to the bits of neon yellow shown in my floral skirt. The flashiness of the big statement necklace and platformed heels juxtapose with the casualness of the shirt and sunglasses to balance out the look and keep it from getting too fancy. 






Skirt: Topshop
Bag: Marc Jacobs
Necklace: Bloomingdales Brand
Bracelets: Anthropologie and Madewell
Shoes: Jeffery Campbell
Sunglasses: Anthropologie


 Look #2


This outfit probably contains a collection of some of my best buys of all time. The stunning vermillion colored Salvatore Ferragamo bow flip flops and floral Citizens of Humanity high waisted shorts were both scores I made while online shopping recently. The red, heart shaped sunglasses stand as a nod to Lolita, one of my favorite novels and movies of all time. By tucking and knotting my once flowy tank top into the back of my shorts, it gives the impression of having a much tighter, cropped looked to better go with the overall look. 





How adorable is this little bulldog on my phone case? According to the Marc Jacobs website, his name is 'Pickles'.


Shorts: Citizens of Humanity
Necklace: Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo
Phone Case: Marc Jacobs
Bracelets: Juicy Couture, Anthropologie, Madewell
Sunglasses: Unknown

Until next time,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment