4.16.2013

Electric Blue Sequins and Lace Shorts


 























If you ask any one of my friends they can tell you how obsessed I am with the french brands 'Maje' and 'Sandro.' Their clothes masterfully blend classic parisian chic along with fun modern twists. Their new spring lines are no exception. I felt entranced by the color coordinated racks of clothing and had to snap a few pictures of them to share with you guys (How amazing is that studded, ombre fringe bag?) In my search, I happened to come across this one exquisite pair of lace shorts by Sandro that I used as a starting piece for two very different outfits. One more trendy and monotone, the other much more risky and vibrant-- but both equally cute! By the way, I apologize for the horrible quality of these photos! I promise to fix that up next time :)


Without further ado, here we go...

Outfit #1


   
            


Top: Maje, Jacket: Maje, Shorts: Sandro

What's spring without a jolt of color? Nothing, at least in my opinion. And this outfit definitely delivers. In addition to such bright, bold colors there is so much play with textures (the silk of the top, the sequins of the jacket and the lace on the shorts) that keep the outfit exciting.





Outfit #2





 

Top: Sandro, Bottom: Sandro

A trend that's going on this spring that I'm really loving is the idea of 'parallel prints.' Everywhere I go I see matching printed separates; whether it's in the form of sweater and skirt, or pant and shirt, everyone seems to be loving this look! After admiring it for so long I decided to give it a try with this beautiful white lace combo. The matching floral applique on the top and shorts almost make it look as if I'm wearing a romper, yet I can easily wear the pieces separately if I choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment